Does your job let you color your hair?

I doubt mine allows anything but natural colored hair. I'd love to go back to pink again.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• At my last job, you couldn't dye it any unnatural color. I got in trouble for dying it blue black, and then had to point out that blue black IS a natural color and the fact that people had gotten away with having magenta colored hair. They didn't like me very much, though, so I'm assuming they were trying to find any reason to get rid of me. It didn't work.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's funny, in the industry I'm in personal expression is usually encouraged, but at the beginning of 2010 we were bought out by a very conservative company that freaked at every little thing so that never would have flown. Thankfully though a few months ago we separated from that company and while we're still sharing an office until we get our own, we're not under their "rule" anymore but people are back to being crazy and it's great fun to watch this other company have to watch us get away with it and not be able to do anything about it lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I've been a SAHM for 6 years, just starting a new job Monday, and there's nothing - I'll likely never meet my "boss" face to face! (I'm a courier with Pony Express, woohoo!).
    Anonymous

• I'm a hairstylist, and you'd think they'd expect us to do whatever we liked to our heads whenever we liked, but... I have worked in a few salons that expected me to keep a "nice chestnut brown". They also wanted me to cover up my tattoos - I think it's just a matter of how conservative your workplace is. I've had some office jobs that allowed me to keep my violet hair as well!
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 12:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Since I work out of my home and not in the office, my boss does not care what my hair looks like. The only time they would care about my hair would be if I had to run into the office for a meeting, job training or whatever. Then they would expect my hair to look groomed and 'professional'.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes, i am a a teacher... but i cannot imagine pink hair on me... except maybe halloween.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2011