Have you known anyone who's been struck by lightening?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• A girl I went to school with was. Felt kind of bad for her -she came out of it just fine, but the teachers used her as an example on "safety first" for a few years.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes, a lady my grandmother worked with. She had an umbrella that had a metal tip and she had her hand on the metal part of the rod when lightening hit the umbrella but thankfully she survived.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes, as a teen, I used to babysit for a couple. The guy had been struck twice in his life & lived to tell about it. And, in jr. high, our industrial arts teacher was fishing & was struck. Sadly, he didn't live through it.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes and it was horrible! My cousins 3yr old son. He was standing in the house looking out of the screen door and was struck & killed instantly!! Saddest day of my life!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Thanks, We used to have horrible lightening storms when I lived in Ky. I've also heard, not known, of people getting struck by lightening through the phone. So, needless to say, I stay away from screen doors and windows and off the phone! I have great respect for lightening.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My Mom was, when she was a little girl.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My aunt was struck by lightning when about 11 yrs. old. She survived but always felt her right side was weaker after that.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 2:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• my sister was struck,,she was leaning on the truck ,,she had a huge red line on her arm.she probaly didnt die becouse of te rubber..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My husband's grandmother. She lived to be 80-something.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Nope.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011