When do you use your Bumbo?

I did not have a Bumbo for my first two, I don't even think they existed then. Anyway, I got one when I had my DS who is almost 7 months old now, and I am just not sure when to use it. I have put him in it a couple times but her is so active, I don't use it anymore.

So how often do you use yours or do you use it at all?

redtree5

Asked by redtree5 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it is mainly used for younger children who still need help sitting on their own, I use mine when I need my baby confined near me. you could set them in it on the counter while you are cooking or doing the dishes. They have trays you can get so they have a surface to eat on or play on. I love mine! :)
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 11:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I used mine for a narrow window of a month or two when he could sit up with it but not on his own, and before he was crawling all over the place. I got him a tray, too, for it so he could play with his toys on there. I always had it on the floor and at most a few feet away from me while I did a chore.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I found the most useful place for ours was restaurants! We don't go out often, but on family breakfasts he LOVED sitting on the table at everyone's eye level. :)
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 12:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I used it when my daughter couldn't quite sit on her own. I really didn't use it for very long, though. It was one of those things a couple people said they couldn't live without that I would not have missed had I not had it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I got a bumbo last month for my son who is 6 months now. He doesn't sit up on his own yet so I use it to feed him his purees. I use it at lunch time everyday.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 1:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We used it when we fed my dd because we didn't have a high chair and didn't really want one because they take up so much room. When she could finally walk, she would get in and out of it on her own and play with it. She's 2 and doesn't use it now, but we'll use it for the one that's on the way!
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I got one thinking that it would be awesome, but my son HATED it and it just didn't work for us.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• They never had Bumbos when my kids were babies.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I borrowed my cousin's and used it when he played with a mirrored floor toy I was also borrowing from her, when I took him to babysit with me and was feeding him baby food, when we'd play on the floor with him and wanted him ti sit before he had the muscles....things like that. But if you got through 2 babies before without one you could probably get through this one without one too. If you want to buy one though try Craigslist....don't pay full price, especially if you are not having anymore
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 12:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I never would have bought one if I didnt have hers to borrow....not worth the $40
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 12:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2011