How do you view communication on sites like these?

These communities are established to give moms a place to socialize and be heard, but everyone has a different approach when it comes to the depth of communication.

Is it just good fun?

Is it an outlet?

Is it a place for advice?

Is it a place for advocacy and organization?

Do you just type quick responses or take your time?

What keeps you coming back?

PrayableMom

Asked by PrayableMom at 11:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in About CafeMom

• All of the above....
    and the reasons you stated keep me coming back. Plus i have made quite a few good friends being on here and other social netwoeking sites :)
    TheMaMaBear_321

Answer by TheMaMaBear_321 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• *networking* that is lol
    TheMaMaBear_321

• Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    I take my time formulating my answers.
    It's fun, interesting, entertaining, informative, supportive, and more often than not...I learn something new! And, I like helping others and meeting people with common interests.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I love to be able to express my ideas, vent my frustrations and share with ladies that don't know me. Even if the answers or comments I recieve are negative I learn from them. It's easier to talk to strangers. But I find the more I'm on here and the more I learn about others I do feel a bond or friendship with certain ones.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I agree that it's all of the above. You may meet quite a few people who are only here to be catty and whatnot, but there are 5 times as many people who just want to reach out and speak to other mom's in their situation.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I am still fairly new to this part of CafeMom. But I have been amazed at how insightful and helpful some people are in sharing their experiences, advice and counsel. Sure there are some who are spiteful and just looking for a fight but most seem to really enjoy learning and sharing with other moms.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 1:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I agree that it's all of the above. I like being able to get a variety of responses to my questions, and I like feeling like I am helping other moms with my experience and training. When I ask around my own circle of friends, we all have pretty much the same ideas, but here, it's such a variety. I try to think through my answers. Most of mine are long. I do put a lot of effort into them. Usually people have real issues, and it's easier to share in a place like this where, even with a screen name, there's a sense of anonymity. People can share things here they may not be comfortable sharing with people they know personally. I know I've shared things close mom friends don't necessarily know.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• all of the above
    and
    all of the above
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• All of it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I wish the people who view it as a place to put people down would move along. I keep coming back because I enjoy the nice people here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2011