is it normal to loose your sex drive after you have a baby?

knicole90

Asked by knicole90 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I think so...but I don't know what is defined as "normal". I still haven't my interest back and my infant is almost 10 months old now...in fact, when my husband initiates it, I find it aggrevating that it's one more thing to add to my list, why can't he just leave me alone? It's not that I don't have enough on my plate, job, 2 kids, housechore, etc.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i feel the same way im just never in the mood anymore. my daughter is 9 months now.
    & i feel that im pushing him away when i dont wanna. how do you adress that your just not in the mood in a nice way?
    knicole90

Comment by knicole90 (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't think I wanted to have sex again until my son was six months old. Ugh, so tired! Lol.
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 12:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes. Remember that you are going through lots of changes physically and mentally. You don't have the opportunity to rejuvinate because you don't have the time. You're getting by with little sleep, and you've got the demands of a baby all the time. If your child is anything like mine, they're still not sleeping through the night, and at most you get a stretch of 4 hours. Plus you're constantly worried about everything-- are they eating enough? Pooping enough? etc? AND your homrones are still out of whack. So no wonder the last thing you're thinking of is jumping your husband's bones!

Give yourself a break! You WILL eventually feel that spark again. If you think it's been too long, then talk with yoru doctor. You might need a jump. he he
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I am not the best communicator, so better not give advise in that department. Just want to let you know you are not alone. I think I just told my husband I am exhausted, I am not in the mood so leave me alone....see told you, not the best communicator
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• my hubby and i just had and arguement about this earlier today. I just don't want to do it and not sure why i haven't got a drive right now. The more he asks and hounds me for it the less i want it. We have a 4 month old and a 3 year old and i'm at home all the time with them. (both boys)
    Solan_sMommy

Answer by Solan_sMommy at 12:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• The problem may lie in deficiencies in key vitamins and minerals that support healthy functioning nervous and vascular systems. Such deficiencies are common in women after childbirth. Increasing food-based intake of all B vitamins including choline and inositol, calcium, magnesium, iron, Vitamin C, arginine and Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids will help in 6-8 weeks of consistent increased intake along with sufficient water intake, caffiene reduction and stress management. When the body is deficient in these vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, it can't produce enough neurotransmitters to supply the body and deal with the production of the stress hormone cortisol, which uses the same neurotransmitters. Dark green leafy vegetables, sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, citrus fruits, molasses, yogurt, whole grains, dark purple fruits, nuts, seeds and fish such as tuna and salmon are good sources.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2011