When did you stop using a baby monitor for your LO?

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its funny you ask because i cant remeber exactly but i think i use it for like 2 years for each, if my memory is correct. i say use it until you feel comfortable putting it away, there is no right or wrong time to stop, its all what you are comfortable with, my brother in law has a really long wide spread house and he used one for almost five years because his daughters room wasnt close to his, so its all a matter of what you are comfortable with, but i think this is an excellent question. i know i felt very hesitant to put mine away that memory hasnt faded haha, but like i said you will know when
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 2:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• when i realized she could get out of bed and open her bedroom door herself.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 11:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i never used one. i could hear my son at all times in the apt we use to live in. hes 3 now
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• first ds didn't use one at all, 1bdrm apt he roomed in with us. second ds used for maybe a month then his brother started running off with the handset, but our rooms are close together and if we keep the door open i can hear them both anyway
    Solan_sMommy

Answer by Solan_sMommy at 12:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My son is 2 and I still use mine. Dont know when i will stop using it. I like know when my son wakes up. He is still in a crib so he cant run around the house but i just feel more at ease knowing whats going on
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• When he was about one. I never used it too much anyway, I just always knew when he was crying or getting out of bed... weird I know. My daughter is 5 months and we still use one for her sometimes.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2011