Missing disks from seasons...

If you lose or damage a disk from a season of a show that you've purchased, is there anyway to replace it? For example, I recently moved and lost two disks to my Office collection, and I've got a scratched disk from a season of Criminal Minds. Is there anyway to replace the individual disks without having to re-buy the season?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 12:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Entertainment

• The only thing I can suggest is Ebay. I see people there sometimes selling partial sets of TV shows and workout collections.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Contact the distribution company for the DVD set and see if they will let you purchase the individual disc from a set, explaining why you need them. They take back defective sets, so I'm sure if they have those, they don't mind breaking into one to recoup at least SOME of the production expense. (Why toss 6 discs for one bad one if you can sell two of them and get some money?)

I did that with a movie I had (I discovered after buying it at a used DVD store that it didn't play, HUGE mfg. defect in the disc.) and they sent me a brand new DVD and a SASO, and asked me to mail the bad copy back to them for destruction.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2011