How do I know if I miscarried twins? TMI

I had a miscarriage a couple of days ago. I passed 2 large bits of tissue that looked identical to one another and looked like the pictures of 5 week gestation sac that I've seen online.

Also I've read that the yolk sac would be no bigger than 6 mm and both much bigger than that.

Is it possible that I miscarried twins? Or was one probably the yolk sac?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure...when I had my miscarriage, it only came out as one piece...maybe something broke down prior to passing for you though. Mine was about the size of a (sorry ladies) used regular sized tampon.

If I were you, I wouldn't think too much into it. It will only make it harder. I am so sorry you had to go through this. If you ever need to talk, I am more than happy to talk with you. It is a really hard thing to go through, but it will get easier.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm sorry you're going through this. I had a m/c with my first pregnancy- I thought I recognized the sac when it passed, but I also passed a lot of 'tissue like' stuff that was probably parts of the endometrial lining which gets thicker during pregnancy. It was hard to tell that from the actual tissue. And I know that there was only one sac there because my loss was diagnosed via u/s before I ever started bleeding. Unfortunately there probably isn't any way to tell for sure. ((HUGS)), and I'm sorry for your loss.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had a m/c my first pregnancy due to trauma. I know it can be hard but, as said earlier don't think on it so much. If you need to talk or anything I'm here for you. ((Hug))
    Sunshine0406

Answer by Sunshine0406 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• it really had to tell but it also would be easier on how far along for you but really i wouldnt think bout it...its really hard to deal with having a m/c i had a few but having a m/c doesnt mean you cant have babies i have a 2 yr old and one on the way but there are ways to help deal with it knowing that it wasnt your fault and that everything happens for a reason and having people to talk to but im so sorry you had one if you wanna talk you can send me a message okay :)
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 3:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2011