Medicaid question...travel

we are planning a trip out of state(12 hours from home 10 hours from home state) and I will be 34 weeks along and My dr has OKAY-ed the trip but I failed to ask him if I was to go into labor if Medicaid would cover it....does anyone know??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call the medicaid office and ask them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I live in TN and we were visiting family out of state and my DD got sick i took her to the ER and my TN medicaid covered everything even though we were in a diff. state.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• they should, medicaid is the US government medical insurance program.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:24 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would think so but call the medicaid office to make sure.

I know every states is a little different. Even though it's a federal program it's run by the state and each state is different.

BUT I do know that when Katrina happened we had a LOT of people from there come to stay at a camp we have in my town (in North Texas) and the people were able to use their Lousianna food stamps in our store in Texas.

So I would assume that you could use it outside your state.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Usually on the back of the Medicaid card, there is a number to be called if an emergency arises and are you out of state. As long as this number is called, you shouldn't have any problems.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• You are not supposed to travel past a certain # of weeks of your pregnancy for this reason. They can and more than likely will refuse to pay for it.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• xxlilmomma09....

Typically you can travel up until the 36th week as long as you are driving and as long as you have the go ahead from the doctor insurance will typically pay for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes, I have my Drs okay. and he did tell me to be home by 36 weeks and I will be home by 35 weeks :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i went to TN for a funeral and both my kids got sick and no medicaid did not cover it I had to pay over $600 just to beable to get them the antibiotics they needed to get well so we could come back home.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 6:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2011