Would this just be called spirtual ...

I as raised to believe in God, and in many ways I do.... I also believe that other people have other gods and such and that none of us has a right to say if there is just one...

I also believe that you dont have to be married to have sex and kids, I believe you are born gay... and I am open to the way that other people live ( like the ones who believe in other Gods) ..... I believe in pyschics, and I think I might believe in reincarnation (sp) ....

I know it upsets my family, so I do not talk about it .... but wouldnt this make me more "spirtual" than just a christian or what have you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Religious Debate

• What you are is entirely up to you, but I know there are other Christians (here and beyond CM) who believe some or all of those same things and still consider themselves Christian.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• yeah i think it is spiritual & it is good to keep your mind open to other things out there & to believe in the unnormal or the unseened that is what make you who you are
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes. It sounds more spiritual than religious. I consider myself a spiritual person also, it doesnt mean your a bad person it just means you are more open and free hearted... I like to think. Its a good thing! *:)
    Milani_Hunni

Answer by Milani_Hunni at 1:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• However you want to define yourself is up to you. Whatever you feel most comfortable with, whatever you feel most describes your spirituality and faith. If you feel more spiritual than religious that's fine. If you're hoping you can still be called a Christian, I believe you can, as Christian IMO isn't a call to a standard of belief or orthodoxy, but instead to a standard of love and compassion. If you embody the Christian spirit (being Christlike, being humble, kind, forgiving, compassionate, etc) and want to call yourself a Christian, that's completely up to you. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I consider myself spiritual and I am an atheist. People have all sorts of ideas of what OTHERS should be called according to their beliefs. But really it's none of their business.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I guess it's a matter of what "sprituality" means to each person. I believe in God, and I believe in the possibilities of anything from karma to past lifes. Other people may not believe in what i do, but my beliefs can't be said to be right nor wrong; as i can't say the same of someone else. I like to think I'm just open-minded about the possibilities of anything in life. Hope that helps.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 8:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• If you are asking if your beliefs make you a non-Christian- I would say, no they do not. Christianity is a personal thing- people like to label and define and set rules on who can claim the title of a "true Christian". I do not believe that is what Jesus' message was- I believe you can see his message more in how he lived his life than from what some Churches say is the right way to honor Him.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes it would.

Answer by older at 11:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I think it just makes you as opinionated as everyone else.You are simply an individual with your own thoughts and beliefs,none of it necessarily having to do with spiritually.You are simply human.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 12:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I see it as opinions.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2011