double stroller recommendations

I need a double stroller and am not sure which one i want to buy lol. I will be having a newborn and a 2 year old so i need something thats light weight but durable and would prefer a side by side stroller. But need it to be small enough to fit through your average door ways. Iv got a huge double jogger but it wont be practical for shopping and what not. Any suggestions would be good price isnt a big issue really.

Jaxsmommy09

Asked by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Phil and Ted! I could go on for days about how great it is!
    It gets through the snow, it fits in my tiny car, it's good for a toddler and a newborn, it fits in tiny boutique shops, I get millions of positive comments, the front wheel locks so you can jog.....and and and :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 1:24 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Hands down, Bob Revolution. You can get a bar for the car seat, the seats recline, and you'll use it forever!! It's SO smooth to maneuver, even with one hand! It's pricey, but worth EVERY penny.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• isnt the bob a big huge jogging stroller? I have a huge double jogger im looking for something abit smaller.
    Jaxsmommy09

Comment by Jaxsmommy09 (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• What about the Tandem stroller...Where the older child sits or stands and the younger one has a place for a carseat or a reclined seat.  I'll put a link to one below

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3980761

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I've heard good things about the Phil and Teds, too. If you want a side by side, the Bob is the way to go. It's big, because it's a side by side stroller, but it still easily fits through doorways. They're all going to be big, unless you get an umbrella style stroller. Do you have a place like REI near you where you can try one out? They're pretty great. Also, specialty baby stores have a good selection you can try out, and they may have the Phil and Teds. The Sit N Stand is good for around town and such, but if your older one wants to go to sleep, or if you want to use if after your younger one is out of the infant seat, then you have to buy another one.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2011