While in active labor, on the way to the hospital. Do you grab some fast food?

Do you grab some fast food to chow down on before you get to the hospital and be forced to starve for an unknown amount of time?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I stopped be hardees and got breakfast
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I did. I stoped at burger king. the nurse actually told me to because i wouldnt be able to eat and she said that if I did that it would still be a couple of hours before either giving birth or having a c section and by then my food would already be digested. So I did and everything was fine I ended up in labor for 10 hours the only thing would be bowel movements while pushing.!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yep, except the day b4 pay day sucks. So I grabbed something from home, tacos I always had the stuff ready in my fridge lol
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Personally I wouldn't grab food even though it might be awhile before I eat again, but my situation is different. I have to have a c-section because I have a complete previa...if I eat and I need to have my procedure done they will have to wait and that could cause problems...so I guess it depends on your individual pregnancy..
    tall_mom42

Answer by tall_mom42 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Well...If you'd like to take a chance on pooping on yourself. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• haha, I agree with anonymous. I've never stopped for something to eat...mostly because it's the last on my mind...both times on the way to the hospital I was in way too much pain to think about food.
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 1:46 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I did. i stopped at mcdonalds
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• only if you want to throw it back up
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It you are in ACTIVE labor....meaning contractions every 5 minutes or less.....food is not what is on one's mind...pushing a baby out is! LOL Now...husbands...that is a different story all together. Husbands are famous for running through the kitchen or cafetera for a last minute snack! LOL

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• No because if you need surgery then you might puke and die...sorry to be that blunt.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008