I just found out that i'm .........

Pregnant i dont know how far along i am but ive took 4 tests all came back positive and its concerning me i dont know what it is or what to think of it but it just happens late at night i start having these sharp pains in my lower stomach they dont last very long though just a couple of seconds but i just dont know what it is anyone that experience this can you please tell me what it is cus i really wanna know thanks .

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Get to the dr soon so u can find out how far u are. In the begining you'll have round ligament pain wich can be sharp snf painful. As long as u are not bleeding you're prolly fine. Vol.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 1:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Could be anything. Most likely round ligament pains. Your uterus is just starting to grow, sothe ligaments attaching it to your internal body part are stretching, and that can be painful. Cramping with heavy bleeding is indicative of a miscarriage. Unless you're bleeding, I wouldn't stress, but you can try a warm compress (not hot!!) to relieve some of the pain. Congratulations!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I had really sharp pain (especially with my first) as my uterus and muscle around that area were stretching. Sometimes is was so bad I had to lie down for a minute. I would definitely mention it to your OBGYN when you see one, but unless you have bleeding or cramping (like a period) I wouldn't worry about. Your body is just making room for the baby.
    Congratulations!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 1:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Randibosin and musicpisces , no im not bleeding it doesnt last very long maybe like 5 mins but the sharp pains last a few seconds :-)
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm experiencing the same thing and I'm about 9 weeks pregnant. My doctor said it was just my uterus preparing for the baby and stretching out and that it was nothing to be concerned about. I've even experienced some light spotting and he said it was all normal as long as the bleeding didn't get heavier or turn bright red and as long as the pain didn't get worse. Definitely make an appointment asap either way though, you should start your prenatal appointments early and they can also check everything out to ease your mind about the pains you are having. Good luck and congratulations!
    menko21

Answer by menko21 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I agree with everything tha the above^^^^ ladies said. I will add that with each additional child, you cramp more and more.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Just found out 10 minutes ago that I'm pregnant, I'm dealing with the same thing which was my first indicator that maybe I am pregnant. Had it with my DD's. Gotta love round ligament pain :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i had them with my first pregnancy and honestly i thought i was having a miscarriage because when i was 18 i had a miscarriage and it felt similar but it ended up just being the pain or cramping from the baby attaching to the unterus but if you are ever in doubt call a doctor as soon as you can and make an appointment to have them check you out, and watch the progression, dont stress though its not good for the baby or for your well being either!! you will be fine!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• and i bled a little too which scared the crap out of me but i guess its all a part of the process even though with my second child i never had any of the cramps i did with the first and i never bled. good luck madame!!!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Emleejanedom , this is my second child i dont remember having these pains with my first but i did have implantion bleeding with my first and i havent experience that yet with this pregnancy :-)
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 1:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2011