Engagement Ring

I am not a fan of the engagement ring that my SO got for me. I absolutely love the sentiment and actually love the ring as a whole, but I don't like the center stone. It is round and I HATE the round stones. (I don't mean to hurt anyones' feelings, it just isn't my style) I asked my SO if he would mind if I just changed that stone and he didn't mind.

I was thinking, since I am going to be replacing the stone anyway, maybe I could get a BIGGER stone. We can't afford anything liek that, so I was thinking about changing it out for a big Diamonique stone. I don't really care if it is real, I just want a big stone that sparkles...

Should I do it or not?

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 3:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• You'll be wearing it for a very long time (hopefully!) so if your DH is OK with changing it, I would go ahead and do it. If you are looking to replace the stone with Diamonique, you might consider just buying a whole new ring. It could be costly to buy a stone and then have to pay a jeweler to re-work the piece. Also, check out ziamond.com - I have a couple of pieces from this site and they are really pretty.
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 8:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• You should be happy with it because of what it represents and who gave it to you..but do whatever you want. Just be prepared - it might hurt your guy's feelings.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:32 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It's your ring, so do whatever you want, just don't hurt so's feelings. I'm getting an anniversary ring that's going to be a huge rock on our tenth anniversary and we're getting our vows renewed. DS and DD are going to be ring bearer and flower girl. It's gonna be awesome!

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My SO is fine with it. He was trying to tell me to replace the whole thing, but that isn't what I want at all. I just wanted to change the shape.
    TitusMom7

Comment by TitusMom7 (original poster) at 3:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My hubbs got me round stones too, I like princess cut better but the ring totally grew on me.

I say do whatever you want.
    Opie99

Answer by Opie99 at 4:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2011