Diamon or other???

I want to get a bigger stone for my engagement ring. i don't care if it is real or not, I just want it much bigger. Where can i get cheap loose diamonds/stones that look like diamonds?

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 3:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• Does it have to look like a diamond even? I know that is "tradition" but I always wanted a star ruby (a creamy red ruby when held in the light a star appears in the center) so that is what is on my engagement ring. It is beautiful and I love it!
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Bigger = Selfish. Be happy with what you have.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• You can get moisonite, which is carbon, and basically a lab-created diamond. It's much cheaper than diamonds, but is basically real.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• you can get a cheap diamond at any jewlelry store, there are diamonds of all size and quality
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Cubic Zirconia looks like diamonds and is sometimes hard to tell a difference. You can find it everywhere. Walmart has decent priced ones and Sears as well. (A lot of ppl use them now instead of diamonds for engagement rings because they're way cheaper and times are hard for most).

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It isn't really the size I was changing it because of originally, that was just a bonus. He got it with a circle shaped stone and I absoltely hate those. I was only going to go bigger because we can't afford a real diamond to replace it anyway, so I figured why not go bigger.

I wouldn't say it is selfish, especially since I am not demanding a real diamond, I don't even care that it isn't real.
    TitusMom7

Comment by TitusMom7 (original poster) at 3:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• the man made diamonds are really affordable and they are similar to real diamonds in clarity. I would suggest that type of purchase if you are not worried about clarity or certification of the diamonds.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2011