Can they charge you when you have a medical procedure planned, but you call it off last minute due to having a bad gut feeling about it?

Anybody had that happen? -It's not a situation that applies to me (or my dd). I was just wondering if the hospital could do that. Because of the preparation certain procedures require

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Health

• YES, YES and YES! ALL doctor's, hospital's, surgery centers/ect have a certain time frame for cancellation. If you do not cancel before or by that time frame then you will be charged. I was scheduled for my radical hysterectomy on a Friday but, the Sunday before I had been admitted in to the hospital in critical condition. Well I ended up spending 12 days in the hospital and missed the hysterectomy, I had been told that my surgeon was contacted to postpone the hysterectomy but they were not. So I am now paying for that hysterectomy and the one that I did end up getting 3 weeks later, it sucks!! So be careful & make sure to always read the fine print!
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 9:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Pretty sure the hospital will bill you as they do the preparation procedures. Trust your gut and get a second opinion.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 4:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2011