Who still has Christmas decor up?

I admit I do, but only on the inside of the house. Just stockings and 2 trees, one of which is miniture. It's a live tree, so I have to wait on dh to carry it out of here. It's pretty big and heavy. Some of our neighbors have some outdoor decor still up and I can see from the road that some have their trees up in their house too. Tree will probably be here a few more days lol because dh is working some serious overtime this week!!!

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 5:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Holidays

• We took our inside stuff down on New Years, but since it was raining, we waited a couple of days to take down the outdoor stuff (but we didn't turn them on after NYE).

This year I added twinkly lites in the entry way, that softly illuminated the upstairs and downstairs hallways. I loved them so much, I left them. I'm looking for a way to keep them year-round, without it looking too 'temporary'. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Technically, today (Sun. 1/9) is the 12th day of Christmas, so it's acceptable to still have them up. We started taking ours down yesterday. It'll be nice not to have tinsel in every room of my house, since it hijacks a ride on the dogs & travels where ever they go! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• No I could not wait to get it down it was up too long as it was.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 5:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I have my tinsel still up but everything else is put away!!!
    armymom2016

Answer by armymom2016 at 6:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• No, we don't. My DH took it all down last week and stuck it up in the atic.

Answer by louise2 at 6:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Just took everything down yesterday. I used the 12 day of Christmas excuse, but my sister came to visit last Wednesday and I decided to leave it up. She had told me she just didn't have the Christmas spirit this year, and I wanted to cheer her up. It worked.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Mine is up. I think it has to be down by the next holiday. Is that Valentine's Day?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Half of my family celebrates on the old calendar (Gregorian vs Julian) , so Christmas was on Thursday! They gave presents and did everything we would normally do on the 25th. So yes, we still have decorations up!
    I still don't really understand why some of the Orthodox don't switch to the Gregorian like the rest of Christendom..weird.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 7:32 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I still have it up it will be taken down soon
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I still have mine up. I need to take it down because DD thinks its still christmas because its still up and snowing.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2011