Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to insulate an older home ques

We live in an older home & it is so drafty. Have you or someone you know had insulation added inside their walls? I've seen it done from the outside, but we have siding, & I dont want a bunch of holes all over my house.


Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

Level 48 (285,113 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • You can rent these insulation sprayers at Home Depot. Just spray that foam or fuzzy stuff between your walls

    Answer by eluc at 8:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

  • not sure what you have for heating, what we did was contact the gas company. In out area the gas company will come out and do an energy audit, then they pay 75% of the cost. We contacted the company they use and the put the insulation in everywhere the gas company said we needed it. They might have a way to put it in the walls without ruining the siding.

    I know it was free to have them come out and check out the house.

    Good Luck!

    Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

  • If you can afford it, new doors and windows help a lot.

    Answer by serioussifL at 7:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

  • Sorry, but we just put on a new roof! So no money for the windows. (I wish tho!) Our doors are fairly new. I just think we need more insulation.

    Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 7:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2011