My Daughter Luna

Luna wants her room repainted(shes 5)& her carpet different.Whats colors do you think I should paint her room(& her carpet.)Luna is very girlish but tomboyish at times.She wears shorts,& she wants to try skateboarding & basketball.Her fav colors are blue & green(her room is painted pink & lavender)I would paint her room green & blue but I wanna be creative & surprise her.

My_Darling_Luna

Asked by My_Darling_Luna at 7:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• while I think it is great that you want to surprise her I would talk to her first, do it in a way so she doesn't know what you are doing. She is at an age where she might want some input as to how her room is going to look. You don't want to spend all this time and have her say I wanted this color instead, I'm not saying she will do this, it is JMO

If her favorite colors are blue and green then I would use them. In my DD room, we painted green and white strips and then added red circles, those are the colors she wanted. We painted different size circles over one of the walls. With blue you could even choose different shades of blue.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Thanks thats a big help!:)
    My_Darling_Luna

Comment by My_Darling_Luna (original poster) at 8:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would use neutral colors and then bring the blue and green in with the wall trim and accessories (area carpet, bedding, curtains, pictures, wall hangings, furniture). This way it can be changed again and again even with each season.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm a huge fan of chalkboard paint. They have a version that can be tinted, so she could have a green/blue chalkboard wall.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 8:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Woah.That sounds cool.I think maybe the could be a sky blue color,& the carpet could be a light green,& on the wall could have Luna's full name(Luna Ásia Jones)in light green letters.There will be green curtains,& she already had a green & blue bed sheet.What do you think guys?
    My_Darling_Luna

Comment by My_Darling_Luna (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I agree, I would paint neutral colors then you can pick up her favorite colors with curtains, throw pillows, comforter, etc. I know with my kids, their favorite colors changed frequently (well, frequently enough that it would have been expensive to re-paint and etc).

You can also get throw rugs (even over the carpet) and etc to bring out the colors she likes.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Neutral collar walls and carpet. Colorful accessories.  Cheaper and easier to change. 

She is only 5. She will want it changed a lot more times before she is grown.

Answer by louise2 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Ok.Neutral colors it is.Thank you every1
    My_Darling_Luna

Comment by My_Darling_Luna (original poster) at 8:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Get a piece of commercial carpet ,it comes in all colors i loose layed mine in kids rooms because it was cheaper,colors are various.And kids will ruin carpet quicker.Carpet squares are great to.Paint let her design a wall.I did this with my kids.Only one wall!My son did maps,1st daughter did daisies.my 3rd daughter kept changing her colors,one day dark blue,next pepto pink ,and a chartruse green,when she left it was navy blue.If you let them design it they like it more!Good luck
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011