potty training

whitwhit510

Asked by whitwhit510 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• not sure what you want to know about potty training, with my kids I did the following and it seemed to work. We took them shopping for underwear and stickers, when we got home I printed a calendar and put it up in the bathroom. Everytime they went to the bathroom they got to put a sticker on the calendar. After "X" a mount of stickers they got a special treat, either going out for ice cream or I would make their favorite dinner.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• What worked for us was to completely remove diaper, pull ups and underwear. He confused whatever he has on as something he could go in. Comando style made him feel responsible for his own urges. He would stop what he was doing and run for the potty. What we are working on now is willingness to go to the big potty. He would prefer the one his own size, but that's gone on long enough IMO. He was 2 1/2 when he started, so I think the best thing I can really offer in the way of advice is make sure the LO is ready.
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 9:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We are in the middle of doing it. We are doing the "naked" method. Working so far... Wish us luck
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i hope to start soon.. my son is showing an interest now.. i put it out so he could inspect it an get familiar with it.. hoping in the next month my son an i will be ready to start the adventure...
    djdiddles62

Answer by djdiddles62 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2011