As a child, did you go to camp?

Did you enjoy it? Were you homesick?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 8:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes, one summer I went to camp. I hated everything about it! Not because I was home sick (I hated being at home and around my mother) but because it was hot and sweaty and we had to swim in a lake! I'm a little high maintenance so "camping" has never been my thing! lol
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 8:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Not the kind of camp that was away for weeks or even overnight. But we had cheerleading camp, it was during the day. There were also other "camps" for other extra-carr activities through the summer.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I didn't go to camps because my mom was a stay at home mom and we didn't have the money for it. My kids have gone to camp and they have loved it. At first it was hard, although once they were there for a day they started to have a great time and by the time I picked them up they wanted to stay.

I do think it depends on the age of the child and the child. I have one child that hates sleep overs and usually wants to be athome. I think he would have a hard time at sleep over camps.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I didn't get to, but my kids have gone almost every year since they were about 8 and they've LOVED it. My dd has gone to Girl Scout camp and to 4H camp. My ds has gone to Boy Scout camp, and in fact, he spent a summer working as a Camp Counselor teaching mountain biking and he loved doing that, too. They've done these camps several times over the years.

They've also both been to Operation Purple camp (a camp sponsored by the Sierra Club for military kids who have one or more parents deployed).

They've had a great time and LOVED it. If your kids are interested in going, then I would look in to the different ones in your area, find a good one in your price range and let them go :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I went several times, I think they were all religion themed. I had a love hate relationship with them because I wasn't very athletic so I felt super awkward in that regard, but I guess I ultimately had fun with the other kids there.
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 9:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes and camps are some of those fun memories.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Nope probably cause we had a lake ....never regretted not going though
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• me n my siblings neva went to camp..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• we twice, once in 6th grade for a week, and once in 9th grade as the counsler.. ......and no my children have never been to camp because they havent showen and itersted in going....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I did, from ages 12 to 17! I was never homesick, but I can say that there were years I didn't enjoy camp...usually for very good reasons. One year we had a night full of tornadoes and flooding. One year we had a plague of frogs. LOL! One year I got heat stroke. Camp was a lot more fun for me as a youth leader when I was 16 and 17.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2011