Should i call my in-laws to visit and stay at my home?

my experience with my in laws was really horrible, even my marriage was about to break at a time, my mother in law is very dominating she did not even let me go to my honey moon, took all the money from me that was presented to me on my wedding..wanted my parents to financially afford my first delivery, received money from them and reported that it is less...she treated my mother in a really bad manner.. even demands gifts from my parents to present to my daughter..exploits my husband a lot and tries that he leaves me ... slaps me...never lets me sleep properly..even in the very early days after my marriage my bedroom door was knocked in the morning so that me and husband should get up ..even due to hypertension i had a cervical problem for which i took medical treatment... and a lot more has happened even after... now we are separated and live abroad but they say that they want to visit and stay at our home... even sometimes my husband seems a bit interested...please suggest me what should we do?

desire1234

Asked by desire1234 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• She stole from you, lies to you. Treats you like a piece of junk, abuses you and you have to ask whether or not you should invite her. Send her some nice pictures and tell her to put them on the wall so she will feel like she is there. Just kidding. You shouldn't be that cruel to her, but you shouldn't feel the need to to bring her into your home. However, if you did invite her and she accepted and treated you like she has, you could always kick her out. Your home, your rules!! There could be a plus to inviting her.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Are you kidding me?! This woman sounds like an unstable, tyranical witch! Dont let her near you or your house. She has crossed the line in so many ways it's unbelievable! If she wants to see the grandkids, let her arrange that w/ your son on his time & away from you & your home!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• hugsWow. I feel for you. She needs help asap. Stay away from her as much as possible for your own sanity. GL, hugss....

mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• This has to be a joke?????? I would never let ANYONE treat me or my family that way. Tell her to take a hike!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would like to hear your husband's point of view.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• do not let her come unless you like to torture yourself
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• You can tell her, if she wants to come around she can but stay in a hotel. So she needs to leave in a certain time. And if she does something bad than you can ask her to leave and you shouldn't have to have bad dreams that you kicked her out to the street. She was abusive, cruel, etc. We had many problems with our family until we started to stand on our feet and say: ok, you are family but if you can't behave than you won't see us. It didn't take too long until they realized we were serious about it. So now everyone knows the rules. If they have questions they can ask. We explain. But I won't be anyone's box bag, or frustration pillow. I have a nice family who I am proud of. If someone doesn't agree with it than they don't have to see it:P From that time we straight to the point and tell what we think they changed their behaviour. I hope you will be fine. Hugs:) Be strong mommy:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 12:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• No way. The last thing you need is to have them come stay at your house. Avoid the issue as much as you can. It sounds like your DH doesn't realize how bad his mother is? You're not going to convince him, but hopefully you can come up with excuses why they can't come.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• tell her if she want to visit then they need to stay in a hotel. she isnt the boss of u or ur kids. i live 4 blocks from my in laws and there is ground rules for them. they cant just come to our house and visit. they can only come if dh is home
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 11:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2011