need answers why my grandaughter has septic b cockeye infection adult content

my grandaughter was born on the 6th of january this year and is poorly with the above infection the doctors say they dont know how she got it but they must be a reason could any one help me please.

barbaraanne481

Asked by barbaraanne481 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you sure that is what it is called? I googled it but can't find any info on it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• yes we also tried aswell but that is what the doctor had said to my daughter this morning he said its some kind of meningitis but we have no clue why and how she contacted it
    barbaraanne481

Comment by barbaraanne481 (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I believe it is Cocci and it's basically bacterial staph infection. Most likely she got it in the hospital. Happens more often than you would think.. I had a friend who passed away after getting a staph infection after surgery
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• oh dear sorry to hear that. more or less from delivery they took her to intensive care because she was having problems breathing then shes had further tests and she has this infection they say its good they r treating her from birth but we are so puzzled why she got this.
    barbaraanne481

Comment by barbaraanne481 (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Did your daughter/DIL have any infections when she was pregnant? It's very important to see a Dr if you get sick especially with something like strep throat or a staph infection because it can be passed to the baby. They usually test for Strep B in a pregnant woman.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• http://www.dhpe.org/infect/strepb.html
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2011