what do you do when you have been with your man a while and you start to feel bored in the relationship what do tou do. leave the relationship,tell him how you feel,or just wait it out til things get better? if this happened to you please give ur suggestions

No negatives please!

noka22

Asked by noka22 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• A relationship is about a lot more than the ability to entertain one another.
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 9:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• if boredom is your only complaint
    make it less boring, make your self exciting, be more interesting
    waiting for someone else to make less boring is not the answer
    leaving? seems pretty extreme if boredom is the only problem
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• If you are basing a commitment on the excitement portrayed by Hollywood movies, then you are ALWAYS going to be bored and dissatisfied in your relationships. You will have partner after partner because it's impossible for someone to be "exciting" 100% of the time. All relationships go thru ups and downs. If you are committed, then see what's in your power to cause a little excitement, as PP suggested. Otherwise, look to see if you are expecting too much. Relationships take "work", they can feel like a "job" at times, but if you invest in it, you'll reap the rewards in the days to come. I would talk to him, but I doubt that I'd leave over being bored. BTW, most "stable" relationships can seem boring.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• firstly you must sit down and talk to your partner and tell he or she your problems u have with the relationship before u decide. i wish u gud luk .
    barbaraanne481

Answer by barbaraanne481 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Are you married? If not maybe take a break from each other to see what you really want.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It depends. Why are you bored? Do you want to be with him? Go on date nights, spice up your sex life, get involved in an activity together (bowling, etc.) Talk to him about how you're feeling, he may be feeling the same way.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• thanks ppl i mean i really do love my guy and i know he loves me but im bored because we really dont do much together and when we hang out we always go to his uncle house and leaving him shouldnt even be an option at the moment cause i dnt want to. but try to get him to take me out tho i know money is tight at the moment i dnt really care what we do except doin the same things all the time and im not a money hungry type person but i dnt want him to feel like he always gotta spend a whole lot of money on me when we go places cuz he dnt. i rather watch a movie and eat in but we dnt get to do that and i dnt want to have sex all the time tho id do tell him that . and i dnt know what to do ?
    noka22

Comment by noka22 (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Talk to him about wanting to do a movie and something simple. Tell him how you are feeling. Also, remind yourself what you two did when you first got together and start doing some of those things again. Think about what things brought you together in the first place. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Well I guess it depends on why you're bored. Are you bored because it's a low in your relastionship or because he's not exciting enough for you? I think you should talk to him, if he wants to make your relationship more exciting then there are lots of ways to do that. BUT if your personalities are not compatible and he's more of a low-key type of person then you might want to peacefully agree that you're just different and move on. I think everyone hits boring points in their relationship at one point or another. Good Luck!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I have been bored for years...we are still together and generally happy though so...

maybe talk to him and see if you can come up with something new to try together? I have no idea really...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2011