Can anyone tell me how to lose weight? I mean like how many calories I need during a day, What things on food labels to avoid. What foods are good for supressing apetite or losing weight etc..

I'm 5 ft 4 and 160 lbs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Okay...here's the "skinny":
    One pound of weight is equal to the energy measurement of 3,500 calories.
    To lose one pound, you must have a 3500 calorie deficit, through a combo of reducing what you intake and increasing what you burn via exercise.
    Your #1 appetite suppressant, cleanser, and all around helpful trick is going to be green tea, preferably caffeine free. Anything else, unless it's a fruit or a veggie, is JUNK and should NOT be used for weight loss or appetite control.
    As for the # of calories you should consume in a day, that is determined by your height, weight, energy level, age, and exercise. You can PM me for specific info if you want.
    ServinGsus

Answer by ServinGsus at 1:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• PART TWO:
    As for foods to avoid: any complex sugars, high fat and calorie foods, etc. You do NOT want anything with a "fat free" label because the things they put in it to add flavor instead of naturally fatty ingredients is just as bad for you.
    The number one weight loss trick I've learned is to eat fruit -and ONLY fruit, nothing else- from the time I wake up until lunch. Eat at least 4 different fruits, of different colors. This will give your body an energy kick (apples are proven to provide more energy than a cup of coffee!), fruit is simple sugar and easy to process so it stimulates calorie burning without making your body use all its energy to digest food thereby helping lose weight, and it purges your system.
    I think I answered all your questions, but you can PM me if I missed something!!!
    Check out my blog site at www.YourFitLifeNow.com and you can read a bit about my weight loss journey. I'm LOVING it!
    ServinGsus

• Thanks. I'll check it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• The best weight loss tool that I have found is a website called Livestrong.com. It has a tab called the Daily Plate and this is a food journal. It is awesome. You enter in your current weight and how many Lbs you would like to lose per week (max of 2 lbs). Livestrong then calculates the total number of calories that you need to eat in order to lose the weight. You can also enter in whatever exercise you do and the calories will adjust accordingly. There is a huge database of food to choose from or you can manually input calories. It also gives "healthier" choices to foods that you have eaten. I have lost 16lbs and my husband has lost nearly 20...just using livestrong and exercising. Good Luck!
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 4:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Hi, I found something that has REALLY Been helping me not only lose weight but control what I eat too. CLICK HERE to watch a news broadcast about it, contact me if you want some more info.

BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 11:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i drink monavie and almased - i get all the nutrition i need from monavie, plus it helps to curb cravings for bad foods, and i drink Almased to lose weight. I just started the almased 4 weeks ago and i am very very excited about the results - ive lost 8 of the 10 lbs i wanted to lose so far
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 6:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• the old fashion way - eat less, exercise more. minimize sweets. if you feel you need a little help by drinking a protein powder as a meal replacement, please contact me at: mtwilson@myseriese.com. the protein powder tastes great. it has 20 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber and is very effective, not to mention really good for you.
    maggiew

Answer by maggiew at 10:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• try eating 1,300 calories a day first off. Keep track all day. Write them down if you need to. There are websites you can find like how many calories in an average apple and other foods that don't have a nutrition facts label on them.

avoid foods like fried foods, fast food (besides Subway is not bad) junk food chips cheetos donuts cookes pastry. If you are craving junk food have a small pack of chips, preferably tortilla chips not potato chips are extra greasy, and always count the calories as well. Don't give up if you have some junk food during the day, just try to keep it under 200 calories and write it down in your calorie count as well. quit drinking soda all together and switch to skim milk. Try to only drink skim milk, 100% juice and lots of water.

continued...
    punkrockmom153

Answer by punkrockmom153 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Green tea is supposed to speed up your metabolism. I don't know how well this one works but it doesn't hurt to try. Just don't add sugar to your tea, if you need a sweetener do a non calorie sweetener such as splenda or equal taste better than sweet and low.

good luck to you!
    punkrockmom153

Answer by punkrockmom153 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Here are some reviews look at these and see what you think http://www.livenbig.com/WeightLoss
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 6:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2009