Inspiration ladies....

Okay, tomorrow i'm insisting I start my ''diet'' , eating right, exercising, and all that other ''horrid'' stuff LOL! I need tips and help to stay focused, I have fallen, okay i'll admit, i've jumped off that dang wagon lol, a bunch of times. I need to do this for myself, and for my kids!

I still want to be able to eat all the food I love, i'm sure it's possible, just in moderation. What exercises work best? When should I stop eating? How many meals a day? What should I snack on?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Just go by this: calories in, calories out, walking is a great exercise but you need to be consistent and add more distance as you go.  ^6 miles is your goal, and more would be even better, this is how much you have to walk to see any significant weight loss. If you are the type that loves to eat, then go for three meals small portions, and snack on non carbohydrate items. Good luck you can do this!

Answer by older at 10:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Do exercises that you enjoy doing so it doesn't seem so much like a chore.
    Stop eating when you are satisfied, not "full".
    Snack on lots of fruits and veggies, popcorn without butter is good. For something sweet try no sugar Jello. Avoid high sugar, high fat foods. Cut out soda and avoid diet soda as well. Drink lots of water...add lemon, lime, or orange to it to add flavor.
    Eat 3 meals a day and a couple of snacks. Don't skip meals.
    Good luck!!!!!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Older - THANKS MOM!!!!!!! I've heard 6 small meals a day works too, sounds great, but knowing me, id probably eat 6 big meals =( *sigh* I MUST GET RID OF THIS EXTRA WEIGHT from having 2 10lb babies lol!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I looove SPAGHETTI! I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks LOL! I hate breakfast, so what are good breakfast foods to eat, and how do i cook it? like when u cook eggs u use oil or butter, what should i use? This is going to be so hard, but i know i have to do this, being overweight at 21 is NO JOKE! I'm going to try and fit my daughter into my exercising, keeps me motivated and it's fun! KEEP THE IDEAS COMING LADIES, THANK U SO MUCH!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• You can also give yourself a cheat day, so you won't fall off the wagon completely and won't feel so deprived. You are going to release those endorphins that will make you feel like a million bucks, and you will know you are doing good when you actually feel like doing the exercise, it becomes somewhat addictive, that is when you know you are in it for the long run. You are young and your body will respond well, go for it!

Answer by older at 10:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Watching portions is a very good place to start. We use smaller plates so you can still fill it up and don't feel cheated. If you want to stop eating, skip all snacks, the meals are important, snacks are to fill time.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 10:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Mrs.coop - stop eating? What lol! I don't like the sounds of that =P But you're right, I'm used to getting ''full'' so I think right now for starters, I would have to snack between meals (healthy choices of course) because that's what my body is used to, and i dont want to fall off the plan again.

WHAT DO U LADIES THINK OF ''DIET FOOD'' SUCH AS HEALTHy CHOICE, ETC.....
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Don't get down on yourself, chin up and just do it!!! I lost 65 pounds 4 years ago, started working more doing something I love, put abput 40 of those pounds back on. I started my routine about 3 weeks ago and started the SLIMFAST (yeah I know yuck!!!) diet last week. I was on the Slimfast diet during that previous weight loss episode and it was successful. I didn't LIKE it, but I could do the weight loss with daily moderate to heavy exercise.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• you seem to be getting good advice so I will just say good luck to you. Maybe we could team up and each strap the other to that dang wagon! :)
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

Peajewel