What do you say to your SO/DH after this? adult content

I am newly on Ambien CR for my horrible insomnia. SO (of 8 years) kept saying I have heard awesome things about sex on Ambien, and I kept saying no, shush.

2nd night of Ambien, we had sex, he "woke" me up. I don't remember the act AT ALL, I just remember putting my panties back on and my shorts, then falling back asleep.

I feel violated, is that wrong of me? COnsidering I don't remember any of it, and I didn't say yes. WHat do I say to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• That's rape

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Tell him you feel violated and why!

Answer by older at 10:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Since you don't remember anything, I don't blame you for feeling violated - but - you may have fully participated, you know? I'd let him know how you are feeling, but don't assume that he did something wrong.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• You could talk to him about it. He may not know that you feel that way. Is this something that has happened before, like him waking you up in the night.

I think the best thing is to talk it out with him and let him know that you don't remember anything.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• That is rape. He is taking advantage of you when you are not coherent enough to consent. Tell him that the next time, you will press charges.

Scuba...I don't even know what to say to your answer.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Tell him that you are grateful he didn't wake you up because the sex was obviously too routine to reach your consciousness. That will show him not to mess with a woman who needs her sleep. Selfish jerk.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Does he know about the medicine? If he does, you may need to remind him what kind of effects it has on you. GL
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Seriously? She could very well have initiated it. People eat, drive, and have entire conversations while on Ambien. It's not fair to assume that her SO of 8 years took advantage of her while she was passed out.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I think I'd be scared of both my SO and the prescription after that. You MAY have fully participated under the influence of it and don't remember now, which may be why he thought it was okay.

It's totally not okay to keep bugging you for sex and then just go in for the kill though. 8 years? He should know better by now.
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 10:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I agree with Scuba - she could have initiated it, that's what people are like on Ambien. She also could have seemed like she agreed with her husband if he asked etcetera. Just have a word with him and tell him not to do anything at all whilst you're on Ambien because you don't actually know what you're doing no matter what you do/say.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 10:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2011