dentist rip of or not

i went to the dentist i was having alot of pain,he ended up filing most of my normal teeth down ,so that i could have crowns on,he told me that i should have the m 15-20 years , this was 4 years ago now my crowns keep coming of , so last time i went in hoping to get the 3 crowns fixed in again ,that cost me 1500.00, he said i was doing to much grinding at night and that i had gone down to the metal, i asked him if he could put them back in figuring there were at least two that had not gone down to the metal and i paid 1500 for them , he said it wouldnt be worth it , and that i need e ti have some teeth out , and then have partials two partuals which are going to cost me 2500,
my friend said the dentist wasnt doing hes job well and i should go see a lawyer ,the crowns should have lasted longer what do yu all think thats alotof money huh?my friend send i should get another opinion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• Hey, that's my site! LOL! I know who that^ is! I'm glad you love your plan so much!

To the poster... I would have to agree that you should get a second oppinion! But I'm not sure you have grounds for a legal fight. Really the reason for that is I think you would need proof that he knew there was a problem with his work OR proove that he did shotty work... Without having a second oppinion right after they were put in it would just be guess work for a new dentist... Therefore not a very good case in court... Either way, yes, I can help you find a new dentist if you like and feel free to visit my site as Alice said... Ask me anything.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Definitely see a different dentist. This doesn't sound right.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You need to get a  second opinion.  I have 11 crowns which I have had for 17 years and have never lost one.  In fact I had to have a root canal done on one of my crowns and my dentist couldn't get it off, he had to drill through it and then fill it like a normal tooth.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• He sounds like a scammer! I'd definitely get a second opinion. I don't know how much of a lawsuit you'd have against him at this point, but keep all your records just in case! Good luck, what a bummer.

msmikkle

Answer by msmikkle at 9:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Firstly it depends on where you live becuase prices here are lower than some areas and visa versa... SO while it might sound like a lot to me it might not be... Secondly IF your grinding your teeth is the issue you should wear a gaurd at night and he should have told you that! Thirdly, ANY time you don't like what a doctor or dentist has to say go see another one! That's your right!! And finally I, personally, would NEVER pay that kind of money out of pocket. There are alternatives to paying full price. Don't you have benefits? I paid $19.95/mo for my families Dental, Vision, Rx and Chiro and was saving around 60%. We saved $350 off my hubbys dental work and only had to pay $230ish... Huge savings!! I got it through a friend of mine... here's her website. www.LowCostBenefitsPlans.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2008