How old is too old to swaddle?

We still swaddle my son at 3 months but he still likes it and it's the only way he stays asleep. However whenever my mother is over and sees it she tells me it's horrible to do to a child that big. Is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO!! My son is 3 almost 4 months and that's the only way he sleeps through the night, it's part of his bedtime routine. He loves it......so I'm doing it til he doesn't like it anymore, if that means he's 15 and wants me to wrap him, I will lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• 5 years old would be a limit for me... lol- just kidding!
    Thought I would throw you for a loop. Your baby will let you know when they are done with it.
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 2:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• They're too old when either they don't like it anymore or you can't find a blanket big enough to do it.
    motheram

Answer by motheram at 2:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• mine loved it till she was 6 months then she would always get out of it so I stopped...my daughter was always too big for the regular blankets, so a friend made a nice big one...she loved it :D he'll let you know when he's done with it
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 3:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My DD needed to be swaddled until around 9 months! It helped her sleep. It won't harm them.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My son hated to be swaddled because he always wanted his arms out and free, but swaddling makes the baby feel secure....do it as long as baby wants...even if he is 15 lol!!!!
    krockwell

Answer by krockwell at 11:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Its comforting for him, and I don't think there is any problem with it. My son likes it, as long as his arms are free, so I don't fully swaddle him. Swaddelling is a good way for them to be comfortable.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 11:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2008