Why is all of this being excused?!

In the wake of Gabrielle Giffords' attempted assassination, the wounding of 18 others, resulting in the death of 6 of those wounded (5 at the scene, 1 at the hospital), and the instantaneous vitriol that the LEFT spewed as part of their knee-jerk reactions to yesterday's tragedy, are we not holding said LIBERAL BLOGGERS, PUNDITS and CITIZENS responsible for their ERRONEOUS assumptions that this was the "work" of the TEA Party--now that the shooter has been identified as a lone mentally ill person acting out as the result of their own derangement?!

I've noticed that in the past 12 hours nearly all of those websites have been scrubbed. HOWEVER, the beauty of putting things on the internet for all to see means that somewhere, someone has cached those comments and images and stored them on their OWN servers/PDF files for future use!

Yesterday there was such an explosion of assumptions and hate all over the web, even though only a fraction of information about what really happened was available. Today, it's all been forgotten (by liberals), and the perpetrators of inducing such hate and making baseless assumptions have simply slinked away.

Blaming political differences and rhetoric as the ROOT CAUSE for this tragedy is/was wrong! And if liberals continue to INSIST that political rhetoric is/was the cause, or that it was the catalyst that steered the shooter to do what he did, then I ask you, what is our Community Organizer in Chief's responsibility in inciting the exact same culture of political divide and violence as a justifiable means to an end?!

"I think it's tempting not to negotiate with hostage takers, unless the hostage gets harmed. In this case the hostage is the American people and I was not willing to see them get harmed." Obama RE tax increases Dec 2010

"A Republican majority in Congress would mean "hand-to-hand combat" on Capitol Hill for the next two years, threatening policies Democrats have enacted to stabilize the economy," October 2010

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun!" July 2008

"Here's the problem: It's almost like they've got -- they've got a bomb strapped to them and they've got their hand on the trigger. You don't want them to blow up. But you've got to kind of talk them, ease that finger off the trigger."  Obama RE banks, March 2009

"I want you to argue with them and get in their face!" Obama, Sept. 2008

“We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us." Obama to Latinos, October 2010

“I don't want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I'm angry!” Obama RE: ACORN Mobs, March 2010

“We talk to these folks... so I know whose ass to kick.“ Obama RE: private sector, June 2010

So, what say those who insist that yesterday's tragedy was the result of political rhetoric?  What do you think should be done to make pundits and commentators more responsible in the future? (my questions)

Additional examples to follow

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 10:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I say that unless they have proof to back up their statements they are just making asses of themselves. Let the investigators do their jobs without jumping to conclusions. You know the old stand by 'when you ASS-U-ME . . . .' Even if he were a left or right leaning person doesn't mean that a political stance is the reason he went to kill her. People with mental issues kill for all sorts of different reasons.

BTW, Lori, great quotes.  I doubt anyone will admit the hypocrisy in it all thought. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Good question and good quotes. But they will continue to excuse it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• . They will continue to make asses of themselves and further prove how biased and irrelevant they are. It's easy for me to ignore them. Answer by itsmesteph11

I'm sure they will keep their couple hundred viewers.  They think just like them.  Does anyone watch them anymore?  I actually was watching news coverage of it last night on Fox and they were complimentary to everyone that they spoke about.  I think the only one trying to bring up bigotry was Al Sharpton and seeing as racism is his business, he's got to keep it thriving. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• using a tradgey for political bennfits is sick!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Clearly Obama has no responsibility to his own words, this is all SP's fault. Along with all of the animals dying, global warming, our horrible economy and bad Christmas gifts. She's a busy lady.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• This is the rhetoric that must be stopped. The liberal progressives use the Alinsky tactic of isolating and berating the opposition except the repubs aren't the opposition. We are citizens who you are suppose to also be our president. It isn't you against them. It is you against citizens.

5. Ridicule is mans most potent weapon.

13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it.

PBO and his inner circle find Alinsky a mentor. PBO taught a class on Alinsky. These 2 rules are used often. Their adjectives are picked carefully. They are meant to turn the people against themselves. Well, PBO, it seems to be working.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• did you read about the HATE GROUP he was affiliated? it isn't the Tea Party....

ALLEGEDLY and proving to be false but you pin it on that hope it's what you thrive on.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Let me first say this crazy people don't discriminate, they are in ALL political parties, religion and so on. What makes me sad is the very thing I saw go on the past day, the accusations and such of the Conservative party somehow caused this, because of stuff that has been said; the Liberal party could very well be guilty of, because of their response to this. Somebody crazy could take what happened yesterday and backlash on someone from the Conservative party. Which I hope does NOT happen.  We SHOULD have just joined together and mourn the lost of all those lives, instead of pointing fingers. Why does it have to be about political parties at all?

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 11:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sorry I see still bulls-eye targets as more likely to incite violence than any of that. I know I'm in the minority and that's ok with me.

Well that settles it then. All Target stores must be eliminated. Those evil, hateful things. They are everywhere! I now know why there is so much gun violence in my city!
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• LOL actual rifle targets are a bit different.

But you, sorry, the anon poster, specified "bulls-eye targets"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2011