Answering the OP's question...

Does it bother you when people get so side tracked by there own opinion on the subject that they never actually answer the question that was asked? Like:
My DD is 10 weeks. Can I pierce her ears yet? This is a yes or no question. The answers I guarantee would look more like this: You should do it at all. It's cruel.
This answer has NOTHING to do with the question! This question doesn't apply to you since it is not something you do in your family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Personally, I always try to answer the question directly and then expand on why I share/don't share an opinion, etc. What's more puzzling to me is when people don't even touch on the SUBJECT of the post.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• OP, I understand that..there is no need to repeat yourself. However, this is an open forum on the internet. EVERYONE is going to express their opinion on ANY type of question, whether you, or anyone else, likes it or not. Is it annoying? Sometimes. Can it be stopped? Nope! Even in real life, it happens. Fact of life..just gotta deal with it.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• So..you're saying people aren't allowed to express their opinion on a question they are answering? It's gunna happen, lol. Remember, kiddies: Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one, and they all stink.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• When you post on a public forum, expect for people to give you their opinions--whether you want it or not. I can bet if you asked some of your friends a yes or no question there are times they go beyond yes or no and give you their opinion on the topic.
    Granted, there are some nasty, mean people on here, but you have them in real life.
    I am one that agrees with the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" thing, BUT, if someone says-"You shouldn't do it at all. It's cruel."--they are not being nasty, they are expressing an opinion. If they said "You are an idiot if you do that and should be reported for child abuse you rotten piece of crap"--then they are being nasty.

I always say this--if you don't like a response, ignore it. If you don't like a question, ignore it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I agree with you but everyone has an opinion!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 10:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I can't stand when someone rambles on and on and has to prove everyone wrong. In the process of proving them wrong the person then personally attacks. I understand what you mean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• At times doing a poll in this area of the fourm would be better solution to a yes or no question.  

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It was not an opinion question. It was a yes or no question. Did yo mama ever tell you 'If you don't got something nice to say Don't say anything at all' or 'Be respectful of others' How many of theses Mama's, mama's would be ashamed of the answers spewed on here.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Can people not give there opinion AND answer the question. I mean come on. I have read questions on here that don't have a legitimate answer until the 5 or 6th answer and then then next actual answer may be 2 or 3 under that. Back the example, what about an answer like this: I don't think an infant should get their ears pierced sine it's their body and it should be their say but you *Can* get it done as early as 8-12 weeks. I don't recommend it though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• That would bug me. I try to answer the question and add my 2cents about my experience which is usually the result/reasoning of my answer.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2011