Anyone else FREEZING! lol.

I am so cold! We keep our heat set low for cost reason and normally it's fine but since it is SOO cold outside our floor is icy even with socks on.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 11:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• YES!
    I so can't wait for spring to come so my feet will finally thaw out. Winters have gotten so much worse for me in recent years as I've developed arthritis in the joints of my feet. :-(
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I understand and agree with you about keeping heat low for cost, but you're still kind of chilly as a result. Do you have any type of insulation to buy to keep over windows and door bottoms to help minimize the effects of the cold? Stay WARM!
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I have slipers. And blanket. If I get that cold.

Answer by louise2 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Freesing as we speak! We keep the heat off, actually, until night. We bundle up with blankets, but I think the time is here to have the heat on full time.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 11:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm always cold but that is 1 thing I won't scrimp on is heat. We are getting snow right now and we will be getting it for the next few days so I would suggest to you just to add more layers if you don't want to adjust the heat.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• we do have two little space heaters in the living room and one in each bedroom for nights. Electric is SO much cheaper than natural gas. The room air isn't so bad but the floor! Geeze! I need big fluffy rugs to go over this thin carpet. Well, technically we need more insulation under the floor... rugs may be cheaper!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes, but not at this moment! I woke up this morning at 3:30 with NO HEAT, AGAIN! He spent the past two days trying to fix the dumb thing. Well, he thought he had it fixed and it worked for the day, then at night, it chose to shut down... I had to mess with it about ten minutes before it came back on. Arghhhhhhhhhh
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Oh yes girl....Little trick I found to help a little...check the floor boards close to the wall sometimes there are spaces then plug them up. The same with the windows.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yup! We ran out of heating oil last night, so when we got up this morning, the temp downstairs was 49. Husband ran and got some diesel to toss in the tank to tide us over until the oil company is open tomorrow, but the house is just now getting warm again. We had to run out on a weekend, lol.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It's freezing down in the basement and that is where my computer is.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2011