Vomiting during pregnancy

I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant. I've had a rough time dealing with hyperemesis, hospital visits and being hooked to IV and zofran pump at home. I now just vomit in the mornings and have gone back to work. Although, I deal with nausea all day its tolerable. I'm only vomiting bile and phlegm in the mornings but it leaves my stomach upset for hours. Just curious if anyone had any suggestions on how to ease the tummy afterwards so I can concentrate on work and stuff I need to do at home. It's almost over thank goodness but I've been miserable for months and need some relief. Meds I'm currently taking when i wake up are prevacid and phenergan.

Breezy1215

Asked by Breezy1215 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Grain products are really helpful if you aren't a celiac.

I vomit almost every morning (with both of them, thanks boys) and I find the very best thing is yogourt and toast for snacks.

The yogourt is more of a lubricant for the next round of vomit, though.
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 11:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It can be because of your blood sugar level. When you go to sleep you have to sleep quite a lot without eating. So your blood sugar level goes down, and you feel the nausea and sometimes gets sick. Try to keep some drink with sugar in it next to your bed and some cookies or food. So when you wake up during the night you can eat some of them. And it keeps your blood sugar level on a normal level. You can try it. Most of the time it works. I would go to the doctor and ask them to do a test because during the pregnancy women can reach the diabetes level and if they do it needs to be under control. It can cause problem with the baby if it does not under control. I hope you will better soon:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I learned from my mom that gingersnaps is good for being sick. I now give to my girls when sick. I was sick a lot with all my kids and put in the hospital due to keeping nothing done. What worked for me was peppergum or candy just something to have in my mouth and I was fine. Also for some fruit cups worked good as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I cant answer your question on how to ease the upset...maybe gingerale or peppermint tea. But I did want you to know you are not alone- one of my best friends had horrible morning sickness the entirety of both her pregnancies as well.
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 12:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2011