Gifts to send soldiers over in Afghanistan

My son has just recently deployed to Afghanistan and I would like to send him things that he will be unable to get there. Can anyone suggest things to send? Certain foods, candy, games. I'm not sure what can or can't be received.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
LuAnn Peeler

homeofthedogs

Asked by homeofthedogs at 11:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• i think you can join the group milittary moms they will have some great sugetions for you......and bless your son for what he is doing
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My husband and I have "adopted" a number of soldiers via the "Soldiers' Angels" organization, and they list care package ideas on their site. Or you can buy and send direct through them!

http://www.angelsstore.org/

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Hope this helps.  CARE PACKAGE IDEAS!

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My husband and friends loved getting those Gatorade packets... Jerky, hygiene things, different snacks, and Coffee. Good luck, have fun with it. He will love anything he gets! Thank you to you and your son for his service.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• lotion, lolipops, canned meat and fruit and some play boy magazines. *( im being real )*
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• The one big suggestion I have is that if you pack toiletries in a box, don't mix it with food. Even though they are wrapped in their own package the smell or taste of soaps or things like that can change the taste of the food items.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My cousin gets withdrawals for those raspberry and blueberry Nutrigrain bars - can't melt, nice and flat, and close to a dessert, but not totally horrible for you. (she, however, would not appreciate playboys)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My dad is a retired marine and he gave us lists of things to send. Socks, Tshirts, Beef Jerky, Candy, Magazines, deoderant, and just think of all the little things you love that maybe you couldnt run into town to get. There are alot of things we take for granted because we can run to Walmart, or the mall and buy it.

Answer by gemgem at 1:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• You can pretty much send anything from lollypops to labtops, lol. What unit is he with? Honestly depending on where he is at and what he is doing is going to make all the difference for what they might need or want. This is just me speaking from experince.. my husband was deployed in Afghan. and things he wanted were socks, q-tips, candy,razors...magizines..

The best way to get him what really needs and wants is to just ask him...lol lol
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• CHAPSTICK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 1:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011