How do you feel about censorship?

Do you feel that you are overly monitored and/or censored on social websites (i.e. MySpace, Facebook, etc)? Please share you situation and you feelings if you're so inclined. Thanks for your time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am completely against censorship. That said, Cafemom is not America, it is a privately owned website that has the right to do what it wants.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:46 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I didn't ask about censorship in America. The question asked specifically about censorship regarding "social websites." But thanks for your time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I understand that. My point is that social websites are privately owned and you agree to a certain code of conduct when you register. So therefore, whether or not we believe in censorship, they have a right to do what they want.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Social websites are also run by private companies that have the right to regulate their content. Especially if that content could run them into problems somewhere down the line,

If you don't want to play by the rules, you have to set up your own sandbox. No one is forcing you to be on any of those social sites.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Gadzooks Batman! Did I actually agree with someone??!!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I'm aware of all of these points, gdiamante and SusieD250. But I guess I should have asked differently.... what if you ARE playing by the rules and you're still censored? No one forced me to be here, that's very true. The simple fact is that I enjoy being here. I have made some real friends and enjoy conversations in my groups. I feel like I'm being forced out unfairly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Who do you think is forcing you out? Did someone complain about you?
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• The question and responses were too predictive. Was this a joke? prank? or plain stupidity?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I encourage any conservative feeling "censorship" from CM to attempt to post on an ALL Liberal site like huffingtonpost.com(which is basically the National Enquirer for LIberals~twisted stories of falh truths). Your first couple posts might get through, but once they determine you are a conservative, if you post more then a few linews, you are censored. It's rather comedic..

NOW, any liberal attempt to post on a Conservative based website (ie: townhall) then your comments will be posted, HOWEVER prepare for the wrath of comments. Which is the way IT SHOULD BE...
    What is Huffington Post afraid of? Someone might see the truth and "turn" Conservative.. lol
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I'm confuzzled.... Cafemom has every right to censor the content of their website. My post was deleted last night because it got heated. They have deleted lots of my answers and they have even deleted a few of my journals. It's their right to moderate their website and delete content that they feel is inappropriate. I have not always agreed with everything they have deleted but I'm allowed my opinion just as they are allowed to censor it.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2008