embarasing question: why cant i fart in front of my new bf? adult content

my bf passes gas around me all the time, to him, its no big deal, and sometimes he will make jokes about it.. i grew up around ppl who farted all the time n thought it was funny. i think its normal and dont care, but i cant bring myself to do it around him. even though i know it would not change what he thinks of me. and the last guy i was with. i had no problems farting around him. whats the diff? im confused, we have been together almost a year and i want 2 b totally comfortable with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd say that though you want to be comfortable, you just aren't to that stage yet. Give yourself a little more time to get cozy in your relationship.
    It happened to me, too, and I'm one of those odd people who get kicks off of toilet humor. Don't even get me started on that subject... LOL
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sometimes we as women just don't think that is the feminine thing to do. I still don't do it much around my husband of 13 yrs

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I have been married for 7 years. I never fart in front of DH and he doesn't fart in front of me either. I guess for some it is normal... or we are really odd...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• either you're having gas retention issues directly related to him (scientifically abnormal for sure!) or he still gives you butterflies and you don't wanna risk blushing afterwards. :D

awww!

try some burritos on a lazy day; it might help move things along.
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 11:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• maybe you like your new bf a little more..however you said yourself it's natural and it's normal..because it is.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We don't do it as well in front of each other and do believe it a modest thing with us.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Can't figure out why this even bothers you. Sounds like a good quality to me It's good manners. I don't fart, blow my nose, clip my nails, etc in front of anyone ever. Some things just need to stay private and in the bathroom.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• after 9 1/2 years with my dh I still havent farted in front of him. to me, women just dont fart, it's part of manners..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I agree with cassie kelison, I dont get why any women would want to fart infront of someome. IMO I think its very unfeminine
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I've been married to my DH for 2.5 years, and together for 5.5 and I still get mortified if i accidentally fart in front of him. He always laughs and reassures me that it's not a big deal, but I really don't think it's something you do in front of other people. lol
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 11:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2011