What's the price range for an exterminator for fleas in a small house?

A cat was dropped off on our property,and during the time she stayed with us, she seems to have brought in a lot of fleas. All cats are going, but we need to get rid of them. Does anyone know the general range for an exterminator. Do it yourself isn't working.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I don't know what the price range for an exterminator for fleas is, but I can tell you I pay $40 PER MONTH to have my house spray for ants, earwigs, etc. Although the first visit cost us $300.

I'm not sure what you have tried with over the counter stuff, but I can tell you that I've had great success with using Zodiac FelaTrol Carpet & Upholstery Spray to kill the fleas in my home and keep them gone. (It can be found at Petco) here is a link to that:

http://www.petco.com/product/9096/Zodiac-FleaTrol-Carpet-and-Upholstery-Pump-Spray.aspx
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• You're getting rid of your cats?

Have you tried Frontline? We've had a horrible flea problem in the past and Frontline nipped it in the butt. We also bought Raid bug bombs and bombed the basement (that's where the majority of them were).
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• They aren't "my" cats. I live in the country, and someone dropped a very pregnant female off in our yard. We kept her to raise the kittens, and have managed to give away her, and all but four of her kittens so far. I wouldn't give away a cat we had had for a long time :) Just giving away kittens.

We called the exterminator, and they're going to do it for just 210. It won't be bad at all. Thanks, ladies :)
    Cymbeline

Answer by Cymbeline at 12:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2008