Anyone else's husband take offense to this?

My husband hated it when I'd say I was raising 5 kids (we have four). So now I say I'm raising four kids and one parent!

derosia_mama

Asked by derosia_mama at 11:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Say to him, " You act like a child I treat you like a child".

Answer by louise2 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Well I guess if you say it once or twice it could be considered a joking/teasing thing but if you're saying it often then it is insulting. Maybe there are other more serious issues you need to address with your marriage if you really feel that way
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I've teased like that before, too, and he's never taken offense. At least that I'm aware of...
    I usually refer to him and my sons as the Testosterone Trio, and he gets a kick out of that one, though.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Ha ha ha, no, I think my S/O finds it endearing when I say I'm about to be raising three little boys (I'm currently baking boy #2). I think that just has to do with hubby's sense of humour. :D
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 11:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• yeah its all fun and games until he starts calling you mom. haha
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I don't say that. I treat him like man; so he acts like a man.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My DH uses this on me...LOL! He tells people he's raising two little girls. IDK why, but i find it endearing...LOL! Maybe because when we were dating, he said he loves how "youthful" i can be.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My husband is the one who usually says that about himself. He knows he has moments.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• SpaceToast2: That's sooo funny! I called my 2 boys "Double Trouble" when they were growing up (they're 1 1/2 yrs apart) As for hubby- I think he'd take it in stride- he knows my sense of humor. I guess it could be worse, you could say your have 2 dogs/cats/ etc- & the "other animal" !!! -LOL (*Tell him to lighten up & not get his tighty whities in a bunch!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• No, but isn't it the truth?! They might as well be considered one of the kids!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2011