does your husband have a friend whos wife you cant stand?

how do you deal with it? ugh, im so sick of my hubbys friends wife. she has such a huge mouth and always ends up drunk whenever we hang out. then she ends up talking out of her ass and makes herself look so stupid. her poor husband is always embarassed by the end of the night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• OMG . . . did I write this and then forget about it?! This happens EVERYTIME we hang out with this one couple. One of my husbands very good friend has a long time girlfriend who is like this. Except she is always drunk (but doing very well in school somehow) and treats everyone around worse then a dog. She will come over to her boyfriends house and tell his friends they can't play Halo anymore because she wants to watch TV. And she isn't nice about it. He offered to help us move but she wanted to make dinner. She threw a fit! So she brought the stuff and made dinner while we unpacked. I had to scavange through boxes to find to find kitchen utensils while she drank a bottle of vodka.

Last new years, she ended up so drunk that she started dancing with balloons AFTER the bar turned the music off.

I have no advice. We don't hang out with them very much.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no but i had a friend who's husband i couldn't stand. she wasn't much of a friend i found out recently so it was easy to cut them both lose. better now since her husband was scum and he cheated on her all the time. he would always call my husband to go hang out with him and now i don't have to worry about that either. you should tell ur dh to go hang out with him at his house and make up an excuse for you.
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 2:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• im uncomfortable around my husbands friends patners,they always so perfect.they organize picnics with the kids so that our husbands can get drunk in peace.last week i was like,why,instead of a picnic dont we go out on a girls night and get smashed while the husbands take care of the kids,and they looked at me like i was a wild freak.so i can stand them,but i dont want to act like we are best-friends now because our husbands are.they are really not my type.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• We have a friend like that. Unfortunately my husband's best friend & college roommate married someone that no one in our group cares for. It's really sad. He's lost contact with some very good friends because of this. We rarely see them & when we do it's awkward. I miss the guy & so does my hubby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You sound like me whenever they plan a get together and know shes going to be there i just stay home which really isnt fair but hey if im going to be ostracized and made fun of by the beotch then i might as well stay nice and comfy at home. The others in the group are starting to not invite her to stuff other than family holiday things because she is so horrible and i m glad it means i dont have to stay home as often.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 8:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• oh yeah, did i forget to mention everytime we get together she is drunk and high... LMAO!
    Anonymous