I want to paint the inside of our house but need color advise. Anyone know of some good resources?

Every room needs to be done. The people who lived here previously had EXTREMELY shiny rose wallpaper in every room. It was insane. I have almost all of it down now, just a few spots here & there. Now I have 2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, a dining, a family & a living room to do! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

derosia_mama

Asked by derosia_mama at 11:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• When you have a general idea of the colors you want, try getting test jars. Home Depot will mix you little test jars for $3 each, and you can try them on your walls. Even when colors look very similar on a chip, they will look completely different on your walls. I tried 11 test jars when I was picking a color for my living room.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Go to www.benjaminmoore.com. You can use see how the paint looks on walls. I think you can even upload pictures of your rooms and try the paint on.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• HGTV and DIY info!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Easy does it mom, check the HGTV sites they have a lot of ideas.

Answer by older at 11:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• yes hgtv rate my space is a great way to get ideas

my house is painted in themes ( like each room) ... so you could do that or just pick colors that you like.... or you could always just do neutrals?

http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Living-Rooms/gallery.esi?sortOrder=4
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 11:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sherwin Williams has a great palce where you can insert your room and then try out colors

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/visualizer/

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I recommend Sherwin Williams' room visualizer. It is really helpful!! You can also grab a ton of free color swatches and harmonious color combination ideas at any paint store.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I had to take down wall border once and even with easy tip ideas from my oldest it was a mess, but easier with a squirt bottle of warm water, I would supervise but not ever want to do that again, Good luck and hope you find all the right colors the first time.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 5:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I own a floor covering store,be sure to consider floors in your choice of paint!!!It's hard to do after! i am too fixing up my house,and its getting tiresome.But who's going to do it if i don't?ME! Hang in there.don't let them confuse you with paint.Good luck!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2011