What would be fair ?

My husband and I always end up in an argument on Sunday mornings about who gets to sleep in ....and today was no different.

I am a stay at home mom, but I also babysit everyday... I clean for hours each day ( including laundry and scrubbing the floors everyday) , I workout , and do activities with the kids all day long, I am literally with them all day everyday I do not even go to the bathroom alone ... and even though I love them more then anything, I sometimes just want a few minutes by myself ( which it is why getting to spend time in bed alone once every other week is important to me ) ...

My husband has a sit down office job that he loves, he has alot of friends there, and even gets several breaks a day. When he comes home he eats the dinner that is waiting for him, he then watches his tv shows while i bath the kids, he then gets on the internet while i put them to bed ...

every other weekend we go out of town to his moms house ... so i came up with the idea that those weekends are the ones that I get to have that morning to myself and then the next weekend he has his....and he agreed to it - until it came to my time....

So this morning we argued in bed because he wouldnt get up - his excuse is that he has to get up early every morning for work...that might be true but he also gets to go to bed early/ Our daughter is in a habit ( that i havent gotten her to break yet ) that she will sleep for about an hour at a time and then stay up all night , which means I stay up too.

Last night I wasnt able to go to bed until after 4am , he went to bed at 11pm... but yet when 7am came and my son was wide awake he would not get up with him, and basically said if he gets up he isnt watching our son ( meaning I would still have to get up anyways) ....NOT only that but he is now back in bed taking a "nap" after only being up for 2 hours...

myabe I am just grumpy from lack of sleep but I am sooo PISSED OFF

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I would be pissed off too! he broke his side of the deal!

Answer by older at 11:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I think it wouls be fair if neither of you slept in and you both got up and got the kids ready and went to church!
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Take turns sleeping in. That would make it fair. One get one Sunday and he gets the next

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Ok i can totally understand where you are coming from, you deserve a break and you should honestly sit down and have a talk with him about why you feel the way that you do. I was a stay at home mom and my so lost his job so that left me with no other choice but the jump on the first thing smoking when it came to employment and income to support my household. On the other hand my so other cleans, cook, bathe the kids, even does our daughter hair from time to time so stand your ground mama.
    AmirnLexcimom

Answer by AmirnLexcimom at 11:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• we go to church on saturday nights.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• admckenzie -- that is what i also think... I get to sleep in the weekend we go to his moms house and then the next weekend he gets to

not to mention he gets to sleep in EVERY saturday morning
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Oh, I totally remember those days! It's only fair to take turns. My ex used to do Saturday and I would do Sunday. He never liked to sleep that much though anyway, so it really worked well. If he won't get up after he said he would, take the covers, turn the temp down and send the kids in the bedroom! LOL!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Cut him off lol, tell him he doesn't get it again until he lets you sleep once in awhile. But seriously I had the same problem with my hubby and i had to put my foot down and tell him that I would be a lot more willing to have fun with him and the house would be much cleaner if I got to sleep sometimes. He eventually got the hint and since he works late on the nights he is home he is on kids duty and I get to sleep all night. You need to sit him down and remind him of the agreement you made and that you need to sleep too once in awhile. They are his kids too so he needs to help once in a while even though he works.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Cut him off. Tell him you might as well divorce him because you do EVERYTHING anyway and am practically a single mom. TELL him that he is the father and he will get up on Sundays and take care of HIS kids because you do it everyday. Stop making him dinner, stop doing his laundry, stop doing anything for him. When he asks why, tell him that you are too busy doing your job every day of the week, taking care of the kids and you didn't have time to make him dinner or wash his clothes. Tell him that you NEED to sleep in one day a week or you will not have the energy to do anything, including pleasing him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My Husband and I share the weekend benefit of sleeping in. My day is Saturday, and His is Sunday. He usually tells me to wake Him up at a certain time, but He lets me sleep as late as my body will let me.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011