Don't cry over spilled milk? What about ...

Spilled eggs? I just mixed up the bowl of eggs for a keishe. I was at the stove stirring the other ingredients. My 2 yr old pulls a chair over to the sink. I say "Don't touch it" Not only does he touch it, he pours it down the drain.
Leaving me standing there crying, saying "I told you not to touch it. That's why I tell you not to touch things."
OMG I just can't wait for nap. Actually I can't wait for my husband to be back with us in 3 more weeks....6 weeks already of him away and I'm ready to crawl into a hole I think.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 11:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well on the plus side he didnt spill it on the floor! lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Relax mom, take deep breaths, your stress is catching up with you, maybe they learned from this, specially if you were crying, they are only eggs, and these are your children, and this is how they learn, hang in there mom!

Answer by older at 11:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Quiche

Honestly, the little guy just wanted to help. Next time, let him help beat the eggs, and mix. Kids react so much better to doing than they do to not doing.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Bright side is he poured it down the drain and not all over the floor.... He's two, yep sometimes they don't listen LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Relax, it is just eggs and atleast they weren't poured out on the floor. Don't sweat the small stuff, life is too short.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Stress is an under statement. I know why I was crying, just had the funeral for my grandma yesterday. My husband has been gone since Thanksgiving, my gramma had been dying since the day after he left. It felt good to stand there and cry. He looked at me so sympathic like for a 2 yr old. But that was my thought, thank goodness it was in the sink and not on the floor!! He and my other one are now jumping on the bed here getting their sillies out.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• quishe.....that's how you spell it...oh my!!! i knew that didn't look right lol
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011