Do you know of anything that helps diminish dark circles?

Preferably something I can concoct at home....

banana-bear

Asked by banana-bear at 12:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• yes, there is testing available to check for wheat sensitivities. I thought taking gluten out of my diet was going to be hard, but it really isn't. You just have to take out processed foods. There is a lot of alturnitives now too. The only hard part is traveling but I just bring an ice chest of food now.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Just concealer. To get rid of them you'd have to see a doctor who would take fat from another part of your body and insert it under the eyes. The circles are caused by a thinning of the skin. You can try tea bags or cucumber but I've never had good luck with them.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It's not natural and you can't make it yourself but I have used Clinique's Even Better Skin tone.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• sleep?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Try resting them under some cold cucumber slices.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 5:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Diet...

Certain food sensitivites cause dark circles. You might not have noticable reactions but it shows with the dark circles...I have no idea I was sensitive to wheat...I took gluten out of my diet and my circles went away...Dairy is also another group that can cause the circles.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Thanks! I use concealer but I'm trying to not wear make-up anymore. And there is no way I'd alter my face like that, lol. I know it's caused by thinning of the skin, but I've had dark circles since I was a small child. I just was hoping there was some natural treatment for it.

banana-bear

Comment by banana-bear (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Soniam, thanks for the tips! I have heard something similar before. Taking wheat out is a huge challenge though. Do you know if there is a test to see if I might have a sensitivity to something?

And I don't think it's related to sleep (for me). No matter the amount of sleep I get, they are still there.

banana-bear

Comment by banana-bear (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I already try to avoid processed foods, but I am definitely going to look into the testing. Thanks so much for the info!!!

banana-bear

Comment by banana-bear (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2011