Asking doctor to confirm ovulation- any help? Please answer.

Month 1. Didnt use an OPK. Just spent alot of time in bed with DH.
Month 2. Used OPK on Prime Days-Spent alot of time in bed.
Month 3. Used Opk Prime Days plus 2 before & after. Spent alot of time in bed.
Month 4. Because I have yet to get a positive- I started the OPKS 2 days after my period & will continue to test until I get a positive or my period.

When my DH & I tried for my son twp years ago I Ovulated day 15. Without a doubt had TWO DARK lines on the OPK-so I know what Im looking for. This round however I have an ovarian cyst. I had it surgically removed & 2 weeks later it had already grown back- Im wondering if the cyst could be keeping from ovulating?

If I do not get a positive at all this cycle I want to call my ob- but do you think shell do anything?

Im a very impatient person- TRYING to get pregnant is 100x harder than actually being pregnant.. I dont want to be told to go home and chart BBT for 6m to just find out that low and behold I was NOT ovulating the whole time..
Anyone else ask a doctor early on and get help- what was offered?

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Most Drs. won't do anything until you have been trying for a year.... unless there has been infertilty issue before this TTC.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes. Rumour has it they wont do anything. But She KNOWS I have the cyst & if Im not ovulating... Waiting a year or waiting 6 years wont change anything. No egg=No baby... Was looking for a REAL answer.
    pinkcicle709

Comment by pinkcicle709 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• If you are getting a period every month like clock work chances are you are ovulating. You can have anovulatory bleeding when you haven't ovulated but you can not have a true period when you are not ovulating. Typically you will not have "like clock work" anovulatory bleeding.

YOU can confirm ovulation YOURSELF by charting. Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart.

OPKs are HIGHLY INACCURATE for many, many women. They can also be hard to use if you only have the 7 day pack and don't ovulate on the 14th day of the month which contrary to popular belief MOST women do NOT ovulate around that time.

OPKs detect LH which can surge even when an egg is not released OR you can have a low surge and still release an egg.

I personally know several women, including myself, who NEVER got a positive the month they got pregnant and would have missed ovulating if they weren't charting as well.

Anonymous

• Try charting for a couple of month to see WHY and IF you are ovulating. If you have 2 anovulatory cycles in a row see your doctor for a prescription for Clomid or look into Soy Isoflavones (natural clomid).

If you ARE ovulating look at your chart to see if something else might be going on.

MOST women will get pregnant within 4 months of charting with an average of 1-2 months. I've gotten pregnant 1 month every time I've used charting as my method.

The only way the doctor can "confirm" ovulation is to do blood work 7 days after you think you've ovulated but if you don't know when you are ovulating the test will NOT be accurate.

Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

• WHEN and IF*

Sorry for all typos...I'm having a bad day...
    Anonymous

• Try the website mymonthlycycles.com it will tell you your best ovulation days. I used this site with my second son and conceived within 2 months! We just started trying and I am using the website again!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 8:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sorry that it wasn't the answer you were looking for but that has been my experience with TTC for over 3 years with mine as well as other moms and all of the issues they had as well. Doesn't mean it wasn't a real answer.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My period is not clock work- its been fluctuating since I came off the pill. 26-34 days. I had a positive opk 2 months in a row when TTC with my son.
    pinkcicle709

Comment by pinkcicle709 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• OPKs still won't confirm ovulation.

Charting will.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the charting method too and observing your cervical mucus. The month we did get pregnant this time (the first time, was a surprise!) , I observed the fertile cervical fluid (clear, stretchy) and we BD'ed that night (but had also the night before) so one of those nights worked because I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks later and before AF was expected. I had used the OPK's too but they didn't confirm ovulation for me that month at all.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011