What is the difference between religion and faith?

I cannot stand religion, yet I have faith. I would love your opinions. Thank you for answering.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 2:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The difference is Dogma.
    Religion tells you what you can and cannot do in order to be in their special club-
    Faith allows you to lead yourself through the assistance of God (like the footprints poem)

Religion is not of God
    Faith is
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 2:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• In my opinion faith is something that is personal, a belief in something that there is no proof of. And religion is the organized gathering of people of a particular faith. I dunno if that is right or not.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Faith is believing

Religon has rules and a certain "book of guildlines to follow"

Do you get what i am trying to say?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• FAITH-Hebrews 11-1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for , the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11-6 But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God must believe that is he, and taht he is a rewarder of them that diligently (KJV).

RELIGION-  Its not about a religion his about a relationship with Jesus Christ!!!!

Hope it helped God bless you Love ya in Christ

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Religion is the practice of a set of beliefs, usually involving rituals of some sort, that tells it's followers how to live.

Faith is believing in something or someone bigger than ourselves without needing proof and without needing to follow a religious doctrine.

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Faith is a personal relationship with god.

Religion is a greedy organisation that uses fear and ignorance to control the masses.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• faith is believing not matter what that is what christain are based on , no matter what scientist tries to tell you no matter what anyone elese saids or does

religion is not bad either it is what some bad people do with , for example i believe in Jesus do i believe you have to go to church no i dont , i do though cause i need to it is to keep me going the right way cause i will admitt i am week and need freinds in christ to keep me strong
    almts915

Answer by almts915 at 8:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My pastor always says religion is endured, salvation is enjoyed. People have to realize that there are some things that God does expect us to do, but when you are doing those things as a routine with out your heart being in them, to me that is religion.
    scrappymom1283

Answer by scrappymom1283 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• faith= a trust and love in a spiritual being or beings
    religion=organized, boobs, set rituals or worship service
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Susie ~ You are like me. I have faith -- spirituality but I don't reform to a religion. Religions have too many rules on what you should believe. I have my own ideas and thoughts on what I believe based on all different religions.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008