How close to the drain do those apartment washer and dryers have to be?

I am thinking of buying a set of those stackable apartment washer and dryer sets. The ones that drain into a bathtub or drain of some sort but I am trying to decide if it will work in the spot I have for it. How close to the drain does it have to be?

mommytoJames512

Asked by mommytoJames512 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• we JUST got one of those! it is SO AWESOME!

ours is right next to the sink - the hoses are only about 5ft long, so we couldn't put the fridge between it, etc. if you can find one with extended hoses you might have a little more design room, though!
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 1:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• There should be a drain to hook them up to, and a vent to hook the dryer into. I've never heard of draining into the bath tub etc...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Im not answering your question,but I am adding a comment. I rent and my dork of a landlord doesnt have any type of drain system for the washer, it goes out a hole and into the road,,,lol. Too much!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• there are ones that are meant for apartments and they just need an electrical outlet and a sink to drain into.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Really? God those would be so cool,but I bet they're an arm,leg and a knee and elbow for cost though.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• They are only 2 feet by 2 feet and only hold about half a typical load at a time.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011