What do you think of this joke?

"You know, John," said Obama, "out there in the debates you and I are damaging each other's reputation. Why don't we settle this contest like men? You and I will have our own private competition, and then whoever loses will endorse the other candidate."

"What type of competition do you have in mind?" asked McCain.

"A game of basketball," said Obama.

"No way," said McCain with a grin. "You're a foot taller than me -- it wouldn't be fair."

"O.K.," said Obama. "Then how about a foot race?"

"No, that's not fair either," said McCain. "I'm twenty years older than you, and I don't have much endurance left."

"Well what would you propose?" asked Obama.

"How about a speed-talking contest?" said McCain. "We'll both be given a speech, and whoever reads it fastest wins."

"No, that's not fair to me," said Obama. "I can only talk out of one side of my mouth."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Call me slow but I don't get the talking out of one side of his mouth part..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• lol i must be slow too cuz i dont get it the ending either...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Way to slam a soldier on Veterans day. That shows class.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Oh boy...At first is sounded like it COULD have been a good joke. THEN I got to the end & you totally lost it. It's a NO GO on the joke.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• huh? what?
    Anonymous

• did someone make this joke up? it doesn't make sense
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• The joke is implying that McCain "talks out of both sides of his mouth (face)" Meaning he is two faced or a liar.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:36 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• oh someone must like really be reaching.....beating that dead horse again.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• From OP:

I did not make this joke up... I found it online. SusieD250 described the ending very well for those that didn't quite understand the ending.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Dang, show some respect... I supported Obama but geez.... give it a rest people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2008