What do I do for my step-daughters accedent problems

Please help any advise would be wonderful!! My 8 year old step-daughter still wets the bed. She doesn't when she is at our house because we don't let her get drinks after 6:30 or 7:00 at night. Her mom tells me she tried that and it doesn't work then I found out she took her to get a cathiter for tests. How do I get it thru to her mom that if she sticks to it she does fine??? without sounding like I am a know it all and making her mad. Also CC is 125 lbs at 8 years old, I think there are some problems here. When she was with us for 2 months over summer she lost 5 pounds and was really excited now she has lost intrest in anything active so her mom says.
Does anyone have ANY ideas???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm just going to paste an answer that I gave a few weeks ago. Hope it helps...

My oldest daughter had a problem wetting the bed. I got the book "Dry all Night" about Dan the Camel to read to her. It may sound a bit corny, but it worked wonders. Now as an adult my daughter still recalls how that book was a lifesaver.

I would suggest buying your daughter pull-ups to wear at night - especially if she wants to spend the night elsewhere. It may save her a lot of embarrassment.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 4:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Bedwetting is fairly common at this age. I have been dealing with this for a long time now. My now 14 yr old daughter wet until she was 11. At age 7 or 8, she went on meds. She just had a very small overactive bladder. Now my 6 yr old son is also a wetter. We make nothing of it. We put a pull up on him and move on. Theres not much you can do when shes not with you, so just try to control it as best as you can while she is. As for the weight...thats a LOT for an 8 yr old. I would talk to mom about having her evaluated for thyroid issues or even just a better lifestyle eating wise. Again, shes the ultimate control though, since she lives with her. Just encourage the best you can.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2008