baby's first tooth

my 8 month old has just cut her first tooth, she's crabby but that's about it...I bought the baby origel, and she doesn't really know what to think of the teething rings, cold or room temp...
what else would you mom's recomend me giving her to help with the pain?
thanks for any help =D

Allikats-momma

Asked by Allikats-momma at 3:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure what they're called, but they are nets that you can put frozen food and ice cubes in. My daughter loved knawing on frozen peaches when she was teething. You can get them at walmart or any baby store.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• oh yeah I've seen them at walgreens...hmmm I'll have to try that, thanks =D I forget what they're called too but I know what your talking about lol
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 3:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Tylenol or Motrin might help.

Those nets are called a mesh feeders. I think Munchkin makes one as does Sassy.

We used to put ice in it for our kids when they were teething :) They seemed to like it :)
    mamabrandy

Answer by mamabrandy at 4:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• teething tabs. my baby doesn't like anything in her mouth when the tooth is breaking through. Those disolve and help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Teething tablets greatly helped my kids. Wet a washcloth and put it in the freezer. If there is a particularly bad day, and your baby is over 6 months, try a dose of baby motrin. Tylenol might help, but motrin works better on swelling.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• wet a wash cloth and put it in the freeser for a little while (make sure it is not rock hard) and let her bite/suck on it. That helped my son, he also liked the net I would but frosen apple or white grpae juice in it (like a popsicle).
    Baby origal did not work for him, he drooled way to much!
    Baby Tylenol did help too at night before bed (If he was really crabby).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• IF SHE TAKES A PACIFIRE.... YOU CAN PUT WAT IN THE NIPPLE OF IT AND FREEZE IT.. ITS COLD ON THERE GUMS FOR A LIL BIT, OR TEETHING RINGS.. ANSO IF THEY DONT LIKE THEM THEY USUALLY LIKE ICE CUBES. IF NO WORKS, CALL PEDIATCIAN ASAP. SOMETIMES PAIN CAN BE SO SEVERE THEY WILL GIVE YOU SOMEHTING FOR IT'
    KAIDENSMOMI

Answer by KAIDENSMOMI at 12:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• thank you all, your answers have really helped =D
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 2:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008