Places to Elope?

My DF and I were planning a wedding for 9-10-11 but things are not going well with the planning. So we were entertaining the idea of eloping with our immediate families, we want them there.
Anyone know of good family places to elope? We're in PA, it doesn't have to be in PA either.

mopargurl

Asked by mopargurl at 12:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• go to the poconos quite private pretty and close!
    devonsmama1

Answer by devonsmama1 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I had a beach wedding in Maui. It was beautiful. Wedding was on the beach and then after we had champagne on the beach and then a private gourmet dinner. Really nice!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• well you could go to vegas, laughlin, to the JP, or just go to your church and talk to the pastor about doing a really small wedding. you dont have to have an elabrote wedding to go to a church for it. my and my hubby got married during sunday service and it was wonderful and we just had a few family members there along with the congergation.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Gatlinburg, Tenn. Very nice place with Vegas like Chapels.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 1:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I had a wedding, but if I could go back and do it all over again, we would have eloped. To Vegas, but not for the classic Vegas quickie wedding. We got married long before moving to Las Vegas so we didn't know all there was here. There are companies here who will take couples up the mountains in a Land Rover at sunset and have a ceremony on a plateau, overlooking the city lights and backdropped by the mountains. It's beautiful! I would have loved to have done that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• thanks Ladies! I am going to run these by my DF and see what he says. Well except the Hawaii idea, I won't fly lol. My Dad lives there and I won't go even to visit him when he offers to pay for it. I am chicken lol
    mopargurl

Comment by mopargurl (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i live in PA too, planing my wedding, it's going to be small. and i narrowed the places down to 2. yellostone, and ( it sound extreme but it's not) eastern state penitentiary eastern state is an old old prison closed down in the 20's. the outside looks like an old castle, and would look awesome as the backroud in wedding pictures. but everyone thinks i'm crazy
    babymomma101110

Answer by babymomma101110 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2011